Do you take the time to breathe? By trying deep breathing, you will think a little about yourself and benefit from it.
It is more and more difficult to take time for yourself. Are you stressed, anxious, nervous, exhausted, tired or impatient? I have a simple and effective remedy for you: deep breathing!
There are different ways to integrate deep breathing exercise into our lives. For example, yoga, meditation and relaxation are effective methods of practicing it. You can also do it in the comfort of your own home, even in your bed. Just add it to your schedule just like you would for any appointment. After all, is not your well-being important?
The rhythm and intensity of your breathing directly affect your state of mind and your physical health. It is through breathing that we oxygenate our body. No breathing, no energy, no life!
What is deep breathing?
Deep breathing is breathing through the abdomen, therefore through the belly and not through the chest and nose. In other words, it’s consciously breathing. With only 5 deep breaths per day, you can feel the benefits.
Here are some of its benefits:
- Breathe detoxifies your body
- Breathing increases oxygen in the blood
- Breathe increases your vitality
- Breathe reduces stress and anxiety
- Breathe improves posture
- Breathe helps you manage your emotions
- Breathing strengthens the immune system
- Breathe improves concentration
- Breathe improves sleep
- Breathe improves digestion
Here are the steps to follow:
- Sit comfortably, standing or sitting
- Stretch your spine
- Roll your shoulders back and open your heart
- Place your right hand on your belly (on the belly button) and your left hand on your heart
- Inhale generously (count to 5)
- Maintain inspiration (count to 2)
- Exhale slowly (count to 5)
- Repeat this cycle 5 times (or more)
Take a moment to notice how you feel after your 5 breaths.
I had your right hand placed on your stomach to feel it inflate when you inhale and deflate when you exhale. Your left hand on the heart is simply to give you a little love (and also to observe if you breathe through your chest).